Simply put, a fish cage is a bag hanging in the water.
Can you catch by handline, poling and trapping tuna and successfully put them in a special cage and look after the fish until harvest time.
1) Tuna exhibit an extraordinary ability to learn.
2) Happy tuna are healthy tuna. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
3) Shock……. Cause and onset of shock will be the most common cause of death for a tuna.
4) Southern Bluefin tuna can live for more than 8 weeks without food.
5) Good quality fish can be maintained with 1-3 feed cycles per week.
6) World Supermarket chains like Safeway are set to reject purse seine fish from their shelves.
7) Live aboard tuna cage by building small huts.
8) One village, one cage.
9) Drift them through the fishing grounds with local knowledge.
10) Harvest the fish cage at sea.
11) Cyclones and bad weather may cause issues
12) Most nations have all the knowledge and skills just need a little technology.
13) Remember this is not a program for fattening tuna, rather a
program for producing Happy, Healthy and Valuable Tuna for the world’s best market Place
Great healthy tuna are “HAPPY TUNA”
Shock at this point is the biggest issue, hook in the mouth, the struggle and the crash back into the water all lends itself for the tuna to suffer from shock.
Room to move after they land, is the best remedy, room and a little time to get over the shock and maybe even a feed.
Being able to address and understand this issue will reduce the mortalities cause by this shock.
PLEASE ADD YOUR KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND COMMENTS HERE.